Selendroid is a test automation framework which drives off the UI of Android native and hybrid applications (apps) and the mobile web. Tests are written using the Selenium 2 client API – that’s it!
1) Selendroid can be downloaded from the Selendroid website and save this jar file in your project folder.
2) Before you can start setting up Selendroid and writing tests, you need to download and install the latest Android SDK first. Clear instructions on how to do this can be found here. Make sure you also create at least one Android virtual device (AVD) and test whether it can be run properly.
3) If you want to create AVD from Eclipse. click here
4) Add the Selendroid jar file downloaded in step(1) to Projects’s build path.
Creating a SelendroidDriver using the below code:-
DesiredCapabilities caps = SelendroidCapabilities.android();
WebDriver driver = new SelendroidDriver(caps);
5) Starting the Selendroid Server. Go to the path where you have downloaded the Selendroid jar file and type the below command.
java -jar selendroid-standalone-x.x.x-with-dependencies.jar
6) It will start selendroid-server on port number 4444 by default.
Need to Update…..next steps….coming soon!!